Monday, October 5, 2020

A Whole Lot of Goodness at Burger-Fi




While the first week of the month is the time for bill-paying and other such necessities, it's also the time for a special treat - my monthly splurge at trying a new eating place. I had planned on it being a Mexican place each month, until all the local spots were tested, but today, after my errands were over, as I was trying to decide which Mexican place to try, I passed by Burger-Fi on Padre Boulevard, and suddenly a burger sounded so good. 

Trying to remember the last time I had a burger that I didn't make myself, I recall that it was in Spokane about six or seven months ago, and it was pretty tasty. I rarely eat burgers out, as I really like my own burgers, which I fry up in a frying pan and top with cheese, lettuce, tomato, onion, mayo, and sometimes more. Now, I know most people are in favor of grilling, but I don't like all that flavorful fat to drip away. I like it to cook right in. And I always use organic, grass-fed beef.

But I hadn't made one in quite some time. In fact, I don't think I have had a burger in the five months I've been here. To be honest, the Burger-Fi place never seemed appealing to me before. It has a very modern look. I don't know. It just never popped out at me before. But it did today. 

As I walked up to the door, where people were enjoying their meals at tables outside, I saw a sign that read "natural burgers." That was a plus. I decided to go all the way and have the top of the line, CEO burger, which was a double burger with some tasty barbeque sauce and two kinds of cheese, and I added lettuce, tomato, and onion. 

It was some kind of yummy, for sure! And so filling, which is what I have come to expect from natural food. I had to stretch it out, eating about half the burger and one big onion ring at the table outside, then finishing the onion rings up on the drive back home, and the other half of the burger when I got home. 

I don't usually order onion rings or anything fried in a restaurant, since I know that they keep re-using the oil over and over, which I don't think is a good thing. And, while the onion rings could very well be the best fast food onion rings I've had in quite a while, I like my own better. But, all in all, I was very pleased with the meal, though next time I will do my belly a favor and settle for a single.

No comments:

Post a Comment

SouthernBlend at Louie's Backyard, SPI, South Padre Island

  After seeing J. Michael Laferty at Tequila Sunset and seeing the band, SouthernBlend, come in to set up, I searched for SouthernBlend on F...