Friday, January 8, 2021

Heron on the Beach




    After several months of going to the beach almost daily to walk and see the sunset, it has been hard to give it up for the winter, since the early morning temps have just been too cold for me. For a Nebraska girl, 50's and 60's shouldn't be too cold, but I am wimpy, wimpy, wimpy when it comes to the weather. I have been experiencing a lot of setbacks with my health and have been staying inside most of the time, but today the sun came out and I was able to get to the beach for a while with my daughter Audrey, who had come for a visit before moving even further away from me.




I was especially happy to see my old friend, the great blue heron. Actually, it's probably not the same one all the time, but I kind of like to think of it that way. 


 At first, he protested a little and tried to get away from me, but eventually, he settled down and did a little posing. How nice!





No comments:

Post a Comment

SouthernBlend at Louie's Backyard, SPI, South Padre Island

  After seeing J. Michael Laferty at Tequila Sunset and seeing the band, SouthernBlend, come in to set up, I searched for SouthernBlend on F...