Tuesday, November 3, 2020

Off to the Dunes



Today I went driving north of the city of South Padre Island, as I often do, especially when I'm feeling a little down, and every time I tell myself I should stop to take pictures. Well, today I actually did it. I actually went driving here for the specific purpose of taking some pictures of the dunes, especially the really sandy ones. 



Another thing that happens to me when I go out here - It puts me in mind of "Sarah Plain and Tall," and how she missed the sea and missed having a dune to play on, as she had done as a child. When Caleb says woefully that they do not have a dune, his dad pipes in and says, "Yes, we do." And they head to the barn where he proclaims the giant haystack their dune, and they begin to jump and play, sliding down their "dune."  



Every time I drive down here, I start thinking "We have a dune." 





Well, today I went home and watched "Sarah Plain and Tall." After being here six months, I can understand why she would miss the sea so much, although, personally, I am so glad to be in a warm-weather beach climate like that of South Padre Island. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

SouthernBlend at Louie's Backyard, SPI, South Padre Island

  After seeing J. Michael Laferty at Tequila Sunset and seeing the band, SouthernBlend, come in to set up, I searched for SouthernBlend on F...