Wednesday, October 21, 2020

My Cameron County Park Pass


For some time now, I've been wondering if I should spring for a Cameron County park pass. Would I use it enough to make it worthwhile? With the park pass, I could come straight to the Jetties through Isla Blanca Park, rather than my 2-mile hike down the beach from the public accesses. Not that I mind that lovely walk along the beach . . . and back . . . but sometimes I'd rather get right to that southern tip of the beach and spend a little more time watching the pelicans and egrets. 

Not only that, but with a park pass, I can check out the other parks up on the north end of the island. And, one big advantage is that I can always have very nice, clean bathrooms nearby. 

Well, I finally got a 30-day pass to check it out, and it took me about half a second to know it was going to be worthwhile. Very worthwhile. 

I'm so impressed with Isla Blanca Park! I'm sure I will be visiting here a lot. 













No comments:

Post a Comment

SouthernBlend at Louie's Backyard, SPI, South Padre Island

  After seeing J. Michael Laferty at Tequila Sunset and seeing the band, SouthernBlend, come in to set up, I searched for SouthernBlend on F...