Friday, August 21, 2020

Calm Seas, Calm Heart

 


It's been nearly four months that I've been in the RGV and this was the first time I saw the sea relatively free of waves, other than a few teasing the shoreline. I guess maybe I just haven't happened to go the day or two following the new moon or something. To be honest, I thought it would be kind of boring to see the sea without those beautiful, playful waves, but what I saw the last two days was far from boring.

Being able to wade through the water unencumbered by waves was a pure delight. I could see clear to the bottom as far out as I went and the water felt so good, so calming. I would have stayed in all day long if I could. Glorious. I believe I will be hoping for days like this more often. 


Two mornings in a row I was able to be on the beach right about sunrise and go for a long walk. I always enjoy seeing how the seagulls like to line in to welcome the morning sun. 



And what a nice little bonus when I came across a few abandoned caches of seashells!




No comments:

Post a Comment

SouthernBlend at Louie's Backyard, SPI, South Padre Island

  After seeing J. Michael Laferty at Tequila Sunset and seeing the band, SouthernBlend, come in to set up, I searched for SouthernBlend on F...