Wednesday, October 14, 2020

Italian Ice Cream at Mirage Cafe



I don't go to the Island enough later in the day. It's usually very early in the morning, to see the sunrise and walk. But every once in a while I get over there in the afternoon. When I do, I marvel at seeing the different colors the Island presents while crossing when the sun has made its way to Port Isabel. It's a whole different view. 

Today I stopped at the Mirage Cafe for an Italian ice cream. So many flavors, it was hard to choose. I settled on the churro, and it was very good. 

I haven't really found what I consider a great spot for viewing the sunset. I know the sun makes a beauteous display. For me, it's just finding it in a place where there aren't condos and businesses in the way. There are a few restaurants that boast a nice view from their outdoor seating areas. I just haven't made it there yet. I have caught a few glimpses of the sun going down with the buildings in between. I'll see a great view yet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

SouthernBlend at Louie's Backyard, SPI, South Padre Island

  After seeing J. Michael Laferty at Tequila Sunset and seeing the band, SouthernBlend, come in to set up, I searched for SouthernBlend on F...