Sunday, November 1, 2020

Sunday Morning Farmers Market

 


The farmers market on South Padre Island is possibly the best I have ever been to, keeping in mind that I only go to smaller ones, as I can't generally handle the crowds at the big-city markets. It definitely has a superb location, and there are vendors selling everything from fresh, organic vegetables to kombucha and sprouts and raw cacao and live plants and kettle corn and baked goods. They also have live music. I will definitely be going every Sunday morning I can, as long as they are open.


Last week I took home veggies, sprouts, and ground cacao and this week I bought more veggies and sprouts and some kombucha salad dressing, some homemade salsa, and a huge bag of Texas ruby red grapefruit, brought in from the Grapevine orchard, not far from where I live. 

 

The kombucha dressing was very good on the farmers market salad I had for supper. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

SouthernBlend at Louie's Backyard, SPI, South Padre Island

  After seeing J. Michael Laferty at Tequila Sunset and seeing the band, SouthernBlend, come in to set up, I searched for SouthernBlend on F...