Monday, December 14, 2020

Making Gnocchi Out of Nothing at All

 

A while back, I made gnocchi from scratch, boiling the potatoes to mix with the egg and flour, and I did like it a lot. I had read that, in a pinch, gnocchi can also be made from leftover mashed potatoes, and since I had some, I decided to give it a go. I mixed an egg with the leftover potatoes and kneaded in some flour, and then I settled down to watch The Big Valley while sitting on the couch with several gnocchi snakes, ready to cut into little pillows. The result? Several servings of gnocchi from an egg, some flour, and leftovers. 




But did the gnocchi measure up to that I made completely from scratch - I mean, start to finish, just potatoes, egg, flour, and salt? Well, to be honest, while this was still very good, the first batch tasted better. This batch did have a mashed potato taste that the first batch didn't have. Still good, and I'm enjoying my soup - which I was in such a hurry to eat that I neglected to get a picture. But it looks just like the last batch, so if the picture looks familiar, that's why. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

SouthernBlend at Louie's Backyard, SPI, South Padre Island

  After seeing J. Michael Laferty at Tequila Sunset and seeing the band, SouthernBlend, come in to set up, I searched for SouthernBlend on F...