Thursday, March 11, 2021

Good Morning, Sun!

 



You know the saying - "Up with the birds?"


Well, today I was literally up with the birds, as I made my way to the beach to see the sunrise on the Jetties for the first time in months. 

As you may know, if you follow this blog, I came here to the Lower Rio Grande Valley because I have a lot of trouble with cold, so, while I'm still an early bird, I've been doing my mornings indoors ever since the first northerlies brought winter conditions to the LRGV. I have been waiting patiently for a time when the early morning temps would be at least 70 with no fog before going to see the sunrise. It made it to 70, but especially with that cool ocean breeze, it still feels cold to me. But I made it. 

The first seagull I saw was looking pensively at this little yellow rubber fishy (some people have rubber duckies, but here on the Jetties, you will occasionally find rubber fishies, unknowingly left behind by the fishermen), evidently trying to decide it if was just ornamental or actually a good breakfast food. He passed. 



A great blue heron was also out quite early, watching the fishing boats come in. 



Today, I was actually the first one on the beach, but before long, the first of the hearty fishermen and women were lining the Jetty. 


And then came the sunrise. There was no fancy show of colors, since the cloud cover was too much to allow for that, but rather, it was just a nice, golden glow. 


After the sunrise, I walked along the beach for a while, looking at shells, and then headed home. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

SouthernBlend at Louie's Backyard, SPI, South Padre Island

  After seeing J. Michael Laferty at Tequila Sunset and seeing the band, SouthernBlend, come in to set up, I searched for SouthernBlend on F...