Monday, April 12, 2021

Visiting Birds

 



I was finally able to see a few of our new visitors. I had been seeing pictures of them popping up on local birding sites but had yet to see a few of my favorites - the summer tanager and the indigo bunting, to name a few. But I saw them today at the SPI Convention Center. 





There are all kinds of warblers and orioles showing up as well. 


The Cape May warbler showed up as well - a new one to me. 




Also, the black-and-white warbler showed off a very classic look. 


. . . before it flew away!


I was glad to see the Northern Parula again, especially against a backdrop of bottlebrush trees. 

A very nice day . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

SouthernBlend at Louie's Backyard, SPI, South Padre Island

  After seeing J. Michael Laferty at Tequila Sunset and seeing the band, SouthernBlend, come in to set up, I searched for SouthernBlend on F...