Friday, April 14, 2023

SPI Spring Migration 2023

 




I was so happy to be able to get in on the spring migration before beginning my next trip north. And very excited to photograph my very first prothonotary warbler! 






When the birds first arrive, they are beaten and worn from their long trip across the Gulf. They can appear weak and visibly thinner.




But within a very short time, they really plump up! This is the same scarlet tanager I followed around all morning!


I was tempted to put off my trip to catch more of the migration, but I had much to do, so it was time to go. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

SouthernBlend at Louie's Backyard, SPI, South Padre Island

  After seeing J. Michael Laferty at Tequila Sunset and seeing the band, SouthernBlend, come in to set up, I searched for SouthernBlend on F...