Wednesday, July 5, 2023

Choke Canyon State Park

Sometimes last minute plans are the way to go. Hearing that my granddaughter was in San Antonio for the weekend, I packed up the car and headed north. I decided to spend the night camping at Choke Canyon State Park a few hours outside of SA. It was a really nice place to stop for the night for a little car camping. 


I went for an evening walk and enjoyed coming across a nice variety of wildlife, 
including this beautiful deer and a family of javelinas (not to be trifled with - I kept my distance).



As evening descended, I could hear the loud buzz of the cicadas increasing. 


A very peaceful evening of car camping in the beautiful Texas countryside. 



PS - It was a little toasty here - 90* at 6:00 a.m. I slept with my mesh window coverings and the windows cracked just about 3 inches, but I was still a little drenched with sweat when I woke up in the morning, and feeling close to heat stroke. A little water and salt to replace what I lost during the night brought me around. Lesson learned.

No comments:

Post a Comment

SouthernBlend at Louie's Backyard, SPI, South Padre Island

  After seeing J. Michael Laferty at Tequila Sunset and seeing the band, SouthernBlend, come in to set up, I searched for SouthernBlend on F...