Tuesday, October 31, 2023

Red Rock Canyon Campgrounds


 
The first time I took Oklahoma's Hwy 281 home, I was enthralled by the view of the red rock formations gleaming with selenite in the sunlight. It looked as though there were diamonds sprinkled all over the cliffs. I went through another time on a cloudy day and it wasn't quite as glorious, but still very impressive. I vowed I would come and spend some time here, and I got my chance this trip. It was only for a night, but I'll be back for more. 

I stayed at the Red Rock Canyon Campground, which I thoroughly enjoyed. The area was once part of a state park, but when the lease expired, its state park status was not renewed and it was made into a lovely campground. Check it out if you're in the area!

No comments:

Post a Comment

SouthernBlend at Louie's Backyard, SPI, South Padre Island

  After seeing J. Michael Laferty at Tequila Sunset and seeing the band, SouthernBlend, come in to set up, I searched for SouthernBlend on F...