Friday, May 3, 2024

J. Michael Laferty at Tequila Sunset


Several times, I have walked by the musical hotspots, like Tequila Sunset, that line the Laguna Madre Bay without ever checking them out. Today, I heard the music playing and decided to wander in and check things out. 


J. Michael Lafferty was playing and singing some really good country music, so I stayed to listen until his gig was over. He played so much good ol' stuff - - even providing some stories and backgrounds of some of the music, like the story of how Kris Kristofferson was discovered by Johnny Cash. 

He also sang several of his original songs that were just as good as those old classics. And he makes his original music available for free! https://jmlaferty.com/


I tried out the mango ceviche, which was really good!

At the end of the gig, an SPI band called Southern Blend was coming in to set up. They play a "blend" of classic oldies, country classics, and a little modern. I can't wait to check them out as well. 

I will definitely be going back to Tequila Sunset. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

SouthernBlend at Louie's Backyard, SPI, South Padre Island

  After seeing J. Michael Laferty at Tequila Sunset and seeing the band, SouthernBlend, come in to set up, I searched for SouthernBlend on F...