Wednesday, March 18, 2020

In Search of a Home

I'm back to looking for a home, for several reasons. I have so enjoyed getting to know Spokane and spending time around my son and his family. However, I need to be in a place that meets all of my needs. That means a list of features that I have long recognized but somehow get lulled into thinking that I can do okay without some of them.

The features include:

1) all-electric ~ no gas or oil heat
2) no Wi-Fi, in a low-tower area
3) no users of fragrance in the home
4) a place where I can set my own home temperature ~ preferably a warmer climate altogether, since cold is one of my major triggers.

Yes, I was really looking forward to living here in the summer, all the parks and places that I was wanting to walk through when it turns warm, and the free city pools! I will really miss my family a lot. It's been great getting to spend more time with my son and his wife, and especially my granddaughter, Scarlet. I will miss the bus system here too. It's been so great to be able to get around, even if I have had some issues.

As far as visible episodes, I may appear to be getting better. I am certainly better than I was a year ago, when I was extremely weak every day, often unable to speak clearly, rarely able to go anywhere.

I am much better than that now, but I still have episodes of weakness pretty much every day after enjoying my increased activity level. I have just managed to "fit it into my schedule." I know when I get home, I will basically be unable to do anything the rest of the day or evening. I generally feel it is worth it to have been able to get out and about for even a bit.

However, there's more than that. The exposures to cold and increased activity mainly cause attacks of weakness and paralysis. The exposure to Wi-Fi, gas and oil fumes, fragrance and cleaning supplies does more than that. It leaves me living in a continual mental fog, and a mind is, indeed, a terrible thing to waste.

Low-income housing here in Spokane is very difficult to find, as the need far outweighs the available housing. I am on a few lists, but the projected wait time is very long. So, as long as I am looking again, I will be looking in the warmer climates. I long for warmth.

It's a big decision for me. I have never lived far away from my family. I just want to feel better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

SouthernBlend at Louie's Backyard, SPI, South Padre Island

  After seeing J. Michael Laferty at Tequila Sunset and seeing the band, SouthernBlend, come in to set up, I searched for SouthernBlend on F...