Wednesday, May 6, 2020

My Minimalist Lifestyle

Well, here I am - plenty of heat, but no furniture. I would rather have it that way than to have plenty of furniture and no heat.

I actually baked homemade bread! I always love to bake bread when it's hot and humid, cuz the bread rises so nice. I am trying not to eat the whole loaf in one sitting.


I am feeling really good, enjoying the heat. It is in the low 90's during the day, 80's overnight. Nice! And I just feel so different inside. So I went to check my potassium, and it is 5.5!!! In the whole time I had my meter in Spokane, it was never above 4.2. I would start getting symptomatic by 4 and pretty much incapacitated by 3.5. But I am feeling no weakness here. The last time I had any paralysis was on the trip down, and the last time I had any jerking was in the motel room Monday morning, from the air conditioning. How long will it last? Who knows.

So here I sit, looking forward to a few weeks of sitting on a hard floor watching my little flat screen TV, with an antenna that only picks up about 10 stations, about 7 of which are Spanish. It only picks up MeTV when the antenna is precisely a foot in front of the kitchen window. Well, then.

I really wasn't taking lockdown into account when I thought I could move and just find used furniture when I got here. No stores are open. Not much for sale here on Marketplace. So I am about as minimalist as you can get. I found a used queen-size mattress that someone is willing to deliver, so after a few weeks of sleeping on a hard floor, I will have a mattress on the floor to sleep on.


No comments:

Post a Comment

SouthernBlend at Louie's Backyard, SPI, South Padre Island

  After seeing J. Michael Laferty at Tequila Sunset and seeing the band, SouthernBlend, come in to set up, I searched for SouthernBlend on F...