Monday, August 31, 2020

Pelican Station Has Good Eats!

 



I don't eat out often, so when I do, I really want it to count. Since I really enjoy being in the kitchen and am pretty partial to my own cooking, I have to be pretty curious to be convinced to lay my money down. But today I was killing some time in town while having a little work done on my car, and just happened to be very close to Dirty Al's Pelican Station, overlooking the bay and the bridge. Walking through the neighborhood, the restaurant looked very inviting, and when I saw the sign advertising the Monday special as Almondy, I just couldn't resist. 

A few pelicans in the bay kept me entertained while I was waiting for the food. I have become more than a bit enthralled with watching pelicans in the past few months. While they may look a little awkward at first glance, they are extremely graceful and playful in the water, and I just can't get enough of watching them.

Then came the almond-crusted bass with garlic mashed potatoes and three-cheese cream sauce, with a few crab fingers for good measure. It was so good! So good. And after looking over the menu, I have a feeling that Pelican Station may become a habit with me. The only question is  - What to try next? 



No comments:

Post a Comment

SouthernBlend at Louie's Backyard, SPI, South Padre Island

  After seeing J. Michael Laferty at Tequila Sunset and seeing the band, SouthernBlend, come in to set up, I searched for SouthernBlend on F...