Saturday, September 12, 2020

A Rugged Terrain With a Rustic Appeal

 



I was feeling pretty depressed today, missing my kids and grandkids, so I decided it was high time I saw something new. A drive to Laguna Atascosa Wildlife Preserve provided a very nice distraction and changed my mood. But before I got to see that there was a slight change in scenery. A nice little drive past the lovely homes of Laguna Vista turned into the more typical natural countryside of shrubby trees laced with different kinds of cactus. I can't say it's the prettiest countryside but it is sort of quaint and very rustic. As I drove through, every old Texas western I've ever seen came tumbling through my mind like a dried up ball of tumbleweed. Okay, that's corny, I know, but it was a very pleasant and nostalgic ride. 




It may not have been what I expected, but the more I drove through this terrain, which seemed to jump from desolate to overgrown to rather plush, the more it appealed to me. Not gorgeous, like the sunrises behind the palm trees, but it's just so interesting.


And then, finally, there I was at the Visitor Center of the Laguna Atascosa National Wildlife Preserve. 









No comments:

Post a Comment

SouthernBlend at Louie's Backyard, SPI, South Padre Island

  After seeing J. Michael Laferty at Tequila Sunset and seeing the band, SouthernBlend, come in to set up, I searched for SouthernBlend on F...