Friday, September 11, 2020

Baking for a Cause

 




When I read about the Costa Cleanups beach cleaning scheduled for tomorrow to get rid of the trash deposited by Hurricane Hanna, I really wanted to help out, but I had a few things going against me. For one thing, I don't have a 4 x 4 to drive, and with the Covid situation, people can't ride together. Also, I don't tolerate the fumes from sunscreen and bug spray, which I knew would be drifting around. So, while it was a disappointment, I couldn't help out that way. 

I was happy to be able to help out by providing some caramel rolls for the workers. I haven't baked this much in ages, and it sure did wear me out, but it was all for a good cause. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

SouthernBlend at Louie's Backyard, SPI, South Padre Island

  After seeing J. Michael Laferty at Tequila Sunset and seeing the band, SouthernBlend, come in to set up, I searched for SouthernBlend on F...