Wednesday, September 9, 2020

A Graceful Walking Partner

 


This morning I was surprised to see what looked like a Sandhill crane or egret strolling the beach, looking just as pleased with the surroundings as any of the others out to see the sunrise. Just like the seagulls what like to line up to watch the sun climb over the horizon, this lovely bird seemed unable to take its eyes off the rising sun. And I couldn't take my eyes off of him. After a little research, I am leaning toward it being an egret. It is the first I have seen in the nearly 5 months I've been here. Hel let me get pretty close, and we actually walked together for a bit. 




  

No comments:

Post a Comment

SouthernBlend at Louie's Backyard, SPI, South Padre Island

  After seeing J. Michael Laferty at Tequila Sunset and seeing the band, SouthernBlend, come in to set up, I searched for SouthernBlend on F...