Wednesday, September 23, 2020

While Leaves Are Turning Back in Nebraska . . .

 


While I may be missing out on the beautiful fall colors back in Nebraska, there are plenty of beautiful colors here, even just this nice purple in the snapdragons on my front porch. I have been curious to find out what changes, if any, show themselves here in the Rio Grande Valley during the autumn months. 

It's funny, being into September, I keep getting this feeling that I need to start getting things done before winter, and then I remember that winter - as I know it - won't be coming. It's a sigh of relief for me. Every warm day is a gift. I know they are also enjoying warm days in Nebraska, though their lows are dipping lower than ours are here. But I know that the days there are numbered. 

A lot of people love the midwestern winters - I just don't happen to be one of them. And since cold has been a huge trigger for health problems for me in the past, I am so much better since coming to the Deep South. When I think about how much worse my health was a few years ago- even a year ago - well, I just feel very grateful for the positive change. I know there will be some cold days to come, but they are still pretty far away and won't be so bitterly cold. They say that it doesn't stay cold for long without warming up again. In the mean time, I love every warm day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

SouthernBlend at Louie's Backyard, SPI, South Padre Island

  After seeing J. Michael Laferty at Tequila Sunset and seeing the band, SouthernBlend, come in to set up, I searched for SouthernBlend on F...