Saturday, November 14, 2020

The Meatball Cafe

 

My "splurge" to-go meal for this week was a place I've been wanting to try out for awhile - "The Meatball Cafe." Every time I drive by, I wonder why they chose the name? Is it a cafe that features every type of meatball anyone could ever imagine? 


Well, no, it is actually just a very nice Italian restaurant with amazing food. I spent at least 20 minutes going over the menu, trying to decide what to get. I wanted to try everything, but I settled on the Mortadella Panini, minus the mortadella, which looks too much like bologna for my liking, and with a side salad instead of the homemade fries. But it still had spinach, mushrooms, ricotta, and mozarella - and it my taste buds don't deceive me, homemade Ciabatta - and it was amazing. Simply delicious. 

Now I can't wait to try the lasagna, the spaghetti and meatballs, the pizza, and more. I rarely eat in restaurants - usually just this once-a-month treat - but I will have to make an exception for this one, because I don't think I can wait another month to try something else or have that panini again. Mmmm. 

P.S. There is also a beautiful outdoor seating area behind all that garden-covered lattice work, which I might enjoy the next time I come.




No comments:

Post a Comment

SouthernBlend at Louie's Backyard, SPI, South Padre Island

  After seeing J. Michael Laferty at Tequila Sunset and seeing the band, SouthernBlend, come in to set up, I searched for SouthernBlend on F...