Friday, November 13, 2020

Potato Pancakes For Supper


 
One of my all-time favorites for supper - potato pancakes with sour cream. Sometimes I get ambitious and make bacon with them, but not tonight. Just a couple of grated potatoes, salt, and a large egg fried up in a little almond oil. Other oils or bacon grease will do nicely too, but the almond oil makes them nice and crispy. 

There are a lot of ways to make potatoes pancakes. Some people use mashed potatoes, some use flour. I just like to keep them simple. Once in a while I add some grated carrots or some chopped kale. But no matter what, it's a nice simple meal.

They're also nice for when money's tight, as you can fry up an awful lot of potatoes with a bag of potatoes and a dozen eggs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

SouthernBlend at Louie's Backyard, SPI, South Padre Island

  After seeing J. Michael Laferty at Tequila Sunset and seeing the band, SouthernBlend, come in to set up, I searched for SouthernBlend on F...