Saturday, December 12, 2020

Bacon to Perfection!



I have been way overdoing the fruit here, thanks to all that ruby red Texas grapefruit and the mangoes and oranges and all. I'm afraid I have myself way out of whack. Too much potassium really does a number on me. Time to balance things out with a high sodium treat - bacon, cooked to perfection! And for me, nothing pairs better with bacon than some good old potato pancakes. I don't eat very early in the day, but this makes a nice lunch too. Yum. 




 I like to slow-cook the bacon to get it only slightly crispy, with the fat not crisped away, but not rubbery either. My potato pancakes (or latkes) are simple grated potatoes and salt with an egg whisked in, fried up in a little oil or bacon grease. Can't get much easier than that. My go-to meal on many sluggish days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

SouthernBlend at Louie's Backyard, SPI, South Padre Island

  After seeing J. Michael Laferty at Tequila Sunset and seeing the band, SouthernBlend, come in to set up, I searched for SouthernBlend on F...