Friday, December 11, 2020

One Aloe Becomes Three


My one big aloe finally became three, as I suddenly got the motivation for replanting. I like using fresh aloe vera gel on my skin, but don't think of it regularly enough. 

Aloe vera gel is reportedly great for sunburns and as a moisturizer. There are also a lot of medicinal uses cited for the gel and juice, though its taste is a little prohibitive for my liking. Also, as it does interfere with some medications and can cause electrolyte imbalances and other problems in sensitive individuals, I would proceed with caution when it comes to ingesting the fresh stuff. There is a lot of information out there about the benefits and risks of aloe vera, and I intend to get more familiar with it. But mostly, I just love having it around. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

SouthernBlend at Louie's Backyard, SPI, South Padre Island

  After seeing J. Michael Laferty at Tequila Sunset and seeing the band, SouthernBlend, come in to set up, I searched for SouthernBlend on F...