Wednesday, December 16, 2020

From the Midwest to the Southwest


Today I took a much-needed drive to see my chiropractor. On the way home, I stopped along the road to catch a few pictures of these quiet rural scenes that make me think of Nebraska. It seems like everywhere I look, I see gnarly trees and cacti, which have their own rustic charm. But I tend to forget that once upon a time Texas was known for being cattle country - something I shouldn't be able to forget, since I am forever watching old Western TV shows. 


There's something so subtle and peaceful about seeing unmown grasses, not touched by man or machine. My favorite colors are the colors of nature - the soft golden colors, the beiges, the browns, the greens. If I wear these colors a lot (and I do), it's because I love them so - although they look much better on the vast lay of the land than they do on me. 




I also saw something not at all familiar to me, but it was so striking that I couldn't help but notice, even though I caught only a glimpse when I first passed by. As I backed up the car to see if I could get a picture, I fully expected it to have flown away as the car crept backward. I didn't get a good picture, but here it is. I knew it was some kind of an eagle, but I had to Google lens it to know what kind. I'd like you to meet the striking cara-cara Mexican eagle! I hope I seen another, when I can get a better shot. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

SouthernBlend at Louie's Backyard, SPI, South Padre Island

  After seeing J. Michael Laferty at Tequila Sunset and seeing the band, SouthernBlend, come in to set up, I searched for SouthernBlend on F...