Saturday, February 20, 2021

It's Not Over Yet



If the cold blast we just experienced wasn't enough, we are now feeling the aftermath. I went to get some groceries and found the stores had been cleaned out of all produce, dairy, and meat, along with some other things. Evidently, trucks have not been able to get through, with all the snow-packed highways north of us. I'm sure a little panic set in and compounded the situation. Anyway, it looks like it's going to be lentils or black-eyed peas and rice for a few days. That's my main emergency stash. At least I can cook now. A few days ago, I realized my emergency stash isn't much good without power to cook them.  

 Gas stations and water stations are also shut down. I'm really glad I've been buying my water 10 gallons at a time, but even at that, it's starting to dwindle down. I should be okay for a few days, though.




No comments:

Post a Comment

SouthernBlend at Louie's Backyard, SPI, South Padre Island

  After seeing J. Michael Laferty at Tequila Sunset and seeing the band, SouthernBlend, come in to set up, I searched for SouthernBlend on F...