Friday, April 23, 2021

Earth Tones on Legs

 















I was very happy to get this rather nice shot of the not-so-frequently photographed least bittern a few days ago. I understand that they like to stay well-hidden, which makes it a real treat to come upon. Actually, I wouldn't have noticed it, had other birders not pointed it out to me. Very pretty. 
















And then, there was this lesser yellow-leg or wood sandpiper - I'm still trying to figure out if they are the same species or if there is something that distinguishes one from the other. Anyway, I thought it was very attractive. I've always been partial to earth tones, so I love both of these waders. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

SouthernBlend at Louie's Backyard, SPI, South Padre Island

  After seeing J. Michael Laferty at Tequila Sunset and seeing the band, SouthernBlend, come in to set up, I searched for SouthernBlend on F...