Friday, April 23, 2021

Left Behind


 I see a lot of nature, including a great variety of birds and animals, on my walks, but sometimes there's more of a manmade variety left behind. Today I saw this old cowboy hat in the waters of the Laguna Madre, down the boardwalk at the SPI Convention Center, and it had a sort of nostalgic look to it. 

Earlier, when I walked along the sandy beach, I saw this old plastic bottle that had become a home to these goose barnacles. It was an odd sight. 

Since I had never seen anything like this, I had to Google lens it. I learned that the goose barnacles form in shallow waters along coasts, being encouraged by the movement of the waters. I was surprised to learn that they are not only eaten, but actually considered a delicacy in some places, like Spain and Italy.



Thanks, but no thanks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

SouthernBlend at Louie's Backyard, SPI, South Padre Island

  After seeing J. Michael Laferty at Tequila Sunset and seeing the band, SouthernBlend, come in to set up, I searched for SouthernBlend on F...