Monday, April 26, 2021

Squirrels at Play at Estero Llano


 
Well, it's been a while since I've seen one of these! I used to feed the squirrels back in Nebraska and, while I have heard tell they show up in Harlingen and Brownsville, I hadn't seen any around here. But today I visited Estero Llano on my way back from my monthly visit to McAllen and had the pleasure of watching him. 

I didn't stay long at the state park, as I was very tired out from last week's birding and didn't want to run into problems. I was not able to get any good pictures of birds today, though I did see a few green jays, a cardinal, a few black-necked stilts, a white egret, and I believe I saw a cedar waxwing in flight. That's one I haven't been able to snap as of yet. But I'm sure I will be back at Estero Llano again. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

SouthernBlend at Louie's Backyard, SPI, South Padre Island

  After seeing J. Michael Laferty at Tequila Sunset and seeing the band, SouthernBlend, come in to set up, I searched for SouthernBlend on F...