Wednesday, May 26, 2021

A Visitor from the North


Today I saw a special bird. It didn't look like the typical SPI sea gull.  




It certainly wasn't a sanderling, although it seemed very much at home with them. 




It had a look all its own. I followed it for a while, and it seemed willing to accommodate me. When I got home, I google-lensed it to see what I could find out. 




It was an Icelandic sea gull, also called Glaucous sea gull! It has beautiful coloring and intricate markings. 



And an impressive wing span!

How nice! I got to see a new bird after all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

SouthernBlend at Louie's Backyard, SPI, South Padre Island

  After seeing J. Michael Laferty at Tequila Sunset and seeing the band, SouthernBlend, come in to set up, I searched for SouthernBlend on F...