Sunday, May 9, 2021

Apple Pie Kind of Day

 


 


Cake is all right - sometimes it's downright good. And cookies are yummy anytime.

But pie is my passion. 



Because I had a hard time with my health this past winter, I stupidly allowed myself to get away from cooking everything by scratch, which only made my health even worse. I hadn't made pie in a long time - and it's been a really, really long time since I made apple pie. In fact, it's been long enough that I didn't remember the pie crust recipe by heart, and ended up doubling the milk, but it still came out pretty good. It took me most of the day to make it, as I had to rest in between making the crust, peeling the apples, making the filling, and putting it together. But it was worth it to have something homemade again. 


And even better topped with Texas's own Blue Bell vanilla ice cream!

I ate a goodly share, shared a little with a neighbor, and put the rest in the freezer. 

Yum!



No comments:

Post a Comment

SouthernBlend at Louie's Backyard, SPI, South Padre Island

  After seeing J. Michael Laferty at Tequila Sunset and seeing the band, SouthernBlend, come in to set up, I searched for SouthernBlend on F...