Wednesday, June 2, 2021

A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood


 

Today, I wasn't feeling well enough to do a lot of walking, so I just walked around the neighborhood, down a street along the bay. There was a lovely sunrise, which I dressed up a little bit. It made for a lovely silhouette. 




It's a nice neighborhood for a walk. I saw a few mockingbirds singing and flitting from tree to tree. 

Even the common grackle looks like something really special when it's backdropped against a stately palm tree.




A little later in the day, I decided to swing up to Laguna Atascosa for a quick drive-through.




It was a cute little roadrunner - certainly not something I would expect could get the best of a "Wiley Coyote!" But cute!



A friendly biologist connected with the wildlife reserve pointed out this Altamira oriole's nest - a pretty impressive dwelling, but I don't think anyone was home. 


 
Maybe next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

SouthernBlend at Louie's Backyard, SPI, South Padre Island

  After seeing J. Michael Laferty at Tequila Sunset and seeing the band, SouthernBlend, come in to set up, I searched for SouthernBlend on F...