Monday, July 5, 2021

Am I Blue? Yes, I'm Blue . . .

 


I really did not feel like going out walking today, but knowing that I always feel better after I do, I did. 

At first, I thought about heading to the beach, but on second thought, I decided I would walk at the Birding Center or the Convention Center, as it had been quite a while for either. 

I decided to check out the Convention Center first. As I was coming down the drive, I saw something curiously walking sideways toward my car. As I slowed down, thinking I could stop and snap a picture or two, it scurried away into the grassy area of the median. 

So I parked the car and footed it back to the median, peering through the grass to see if I could find him. As I looked up, I was startled to find this guy just peering at me from the side of a palm tree! 


This blue crab was a lot bigger than the little old fiddler crabs and hermit crabs that can often be seen here in the shallow waters of the Laguna Madre. 

I hung around long enough to snap a couple dozen pics, and then I went on my way to the trees where I sometimes watch for birds. 

Walking up to that area, I was surprised to see this guy's cousins hanging around in the grassy area near the bay! 



I had bravely ventured into the grass, but as I saw more and more of these little blue headed, green-eyed creatures crawling about, I decided to get back to the pavement. 



Then I walked the boardwalk, seeing a lot of butterflies and dragonflies along my way, but these little blue guys were definitely my catch of the day! Then I made my way to the beach for a little rest. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

SouthernBlend at Louie's Backyard, SPI, South Padre Island

  After seeing J. Michael Laferty at Tequila Sunset and seeing the band, SouthernBlend, come in to set up, I searched for SouthernBlend on F...