Wednesday, July 14, 2021

Butterflies and Cotton Blossoms



Lately I have been having to go to Brownsville a few times a week and it has given me the opportunity to add some variety to my morning walks. I have to confess that I have to force myself to go walking much of the time, but when I do, I am always glad I went. 




Today, I went to Resaca de la Palma, hoping to see the beautiful birds, but it was a bit of a disappointment. I found out that the park doesn't feed the birds in the birding area until September, and there wasn't much to be seen. However, the butterfly garden was all a' flutter. Even at that, I didn't stay long because the mosquitoes were atrocious!



Upon leaving, I had to catch a few pictures of the cotton blossoms in the adjacent field. I saw these plants cropping up all over the place, and I had a feeling they must be cotton. Google lens confirmed my suspicions. 



I'm anxious to follow their progress, as I didn't really take notice of the cotton fields last year until they were all done in. 


I remember my mom and dad talking about how they used to pick cotton in the south when they were first married, but I had never seen cotton fields before moving here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

SouthernBlend at Louie's Backyard, SPI, South Padre Island

  After seeing J. Michael Laferty at Tequila Sunset and seeing the band, SouthernBlend, come in to set up, I searched for SouthernBlend on F...