Tuesday, March 21, 2023

Those Amazing Black Skimmers!


I am always thrilled when I come upon even a few of the amazing black skimmers, so imagine my delight when I stopped at the mud flats and saw hordes of them! At first they might be mistaken for sea gulls, standing there with their beautiful red-striped beaks tucked under their wings. 


But as you get closer, they pull their beaks out so that they can investigate. 


And soon it's clear to see that they aren't going to hang around. 



And away they go! 


And go . . .


And go!  
!
And, oh! The noise they make! 

I will not get to see their beautiful, synchronized flying today. 

If you want to see more pics of these beauties, just enter "black skimmers" into the search box. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

SouthernBlend at Louie's Backyard, SPI, South Padre Island

  After seeing J. Michael Laferty at Tequila Sunset and seeing the band, SouthernBlend, come in to set up, I searched for SouthernBlend on F...