Friday, December 22, 2023

A Drive Along South Padre Island




 

I went to the beach and, for the first time, drove in at the northernmost entrance. Then, completely unplanned, I decided to just keep driving to see how far I could go before the driving conditions got bad and I would have to turn around. I ended up driving 15 miles! Even then, I wouldn't have had to turn around, but it was getting to where the fishers and beachgoers were getting to be out of view, and I sure didn't want to get caught up there where even AAA probably does not go. But if was such a lovely drive! I saw so many heron and pelicans along the way. 



Beautiful dunes . . .




Not much to see here, thank goodness! Lol...







When I got back to town, I walked around Jim's Pier for a while. It was so peaceful to watch, with just a little music from Laguna Bob's drifting over the way.




All around, a very special and enjoyable day!


No comments:

Post a Comment

SouthernBlend at Louie's Backyard, SPI, South Padre Island

  After seeing J. Michael Laferty at Tequila Sunset and seeing the band, SouthernBlend, come in to set up, I searched for SouthernBlend on F...