Monday, February 22, 2021

Heading Out to Sprouts

 


Well, with the local grocery store shelves still pretty bare - and even more importantly, the water stations still blocked off - I thought it a good time to head to McAllen, a few hours away. I called to make sure they had produce and water available, and after a positive confirmation, I headed out. 

In the future, I will have to remember to dress in layers when I come out this way, because not only does it warm up quickly here, but just a few hours west, the temps are always considerably warmer. Hmmm... maybe I should have moved further west. But, no, I would sure miss those morning walks along the beach, once it gets warm enough to tempt me. 

I got a nice supply of veggies and water and headed back. I was trying to decide whether to go to the Quinta Mazatlan birding place I had heard about or to stop again at Santa Ana. I went for the familiar this time. Next time it will be Quinta Mazatlan for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

SouthernBlend at Louie's Backyard, SPI, South Padre Island

  After seeing J. Michael Laferty at Tequila Sunset and seeing the band, SouthernBlend, come in to set up, I searched for SouthernBlend on F...