Monday, February 22, 2021

Trail to Rio Grande

 

 After all the craziness in Port Isabel, due to empty shelves in the stores and all the water machines cut off, I decided it would be worth my while to take the 2-hour drive to McAllen to get some produce and water. Of course, while I was out that way, I made sure to stop off at Santa Ana Wildlife Refuge again. Though I really wanted to go through the shrouded forest again, but I also wanted to take the hike down to the edge of the Rio Grande. I certainly couldn't have taken both trails today, so I opted for the one I hadn't seen. 




\I decided to give some of my photos along this trail a sepia tone to accent the rustic nature of the trail.
I really like the effect. 



Besides the rustic scenery, I saw much more wildlife along this trail, which I will add in a separate post. And finally I saw the river. It was not particularly impressive - certainly not a river that I would expect to separate two countries and to have had an impressive history, but it was quiet and peaceful pretty, and I was glad to witness it. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

SouthernBlend at Louie's Backyard, SPI, South Padre Island

  After seeing J. Michael Laferty at Tequila Sunset and seeing the band, SouthernBlend, come in to set up, I searched for SouthernBlend on F...