Wednesday, March 3, 2021

Those Striking Orioles!

 


My sightings for the day at Resaca de la Palma State Park, west of Brownsville, Texas, were not limited to the lovely green jays. I also saw the striking orioles. Being new to this, I am not totally sure if they were hooded orioles or Altamira orioles, but they sure were pretty!



Altamira orioles are New World orioles, found in the Central America and the Mexican Gulf coast. they have been found in southern Texas since 1939. Their beautiful orange and black and white coloring makes them easy to see. 

I hope to see the beautiful orioles again soon. 






No comments:

Post a Comment

SouthernBlend at Louie's Backyard, SPI, South Padre Island

  After seeing J. Michael Laferty at Tequila Sunset and seeing the band, SouthernBlend, come in to set up, I searched for SouthernBlend on F...